At the beginning of this summer I traveled to Breckenridge, Colorado to photograph Shelby & David’s elopement/micro wedding. Shelby’s best friend did her hair, helped her get ready, and married them 11,000 ft high at the top of Loveland Pass. I had the honor of taking photos for them when they first started dating and it was so special to be there to capture their wedding day as well.
If you are thinking about having a destination wedding, or keeping your wedding intimate in a stunning location, read on to hear Shelby’s perspective firsthand, and their advice to other couples on why you should hire a destination wedding photographer.
What was your favorite part about your destination elopement?
Shelby: My favorite part was the adventure and the view! Road tripping across the country, stopping in fun places, eating good food. Then getting to wrap it up by getting married in a gorgeous place? Definitely worth it.
What inspired you two to get married in Colorado?
Shelby: We got married in Colorado because we dreamed of seeing the mountains there and it’s SO different than our hometowns in Florida. We both love mountains and wanted a unique location that would be a naturally beautiful “venue.”
What is your advice to brides planning a destination wedding or elopement?
Shelby: Definitely do research in advance for locations and prepare for ANYTHING (like weather). Destination weddings mean you have to be a little more trusting and go with the flow if you’re planning from a distance. Just like a local wedding, unexpected things can happen. So focus on the positive, do your best, enjoy your day no matter what!
Why hire a destination photographer?
There are countless reasons why a destination photographer is crucial for your wedding. From the vision to the planning and everything in between, Wonderstruck Media Co. is ready to meet you anywhere! Here are a few reasons why I believe destination photographers are the way to go:
- RELATIONAL: Throughout the wedding planning process, I love to build relationships with my couples. By helping you build out your wedding timeline and planning ahead, the wedding day will be so smooth — and you’ll already know me!
- STRESS-FREE: I always arrive early to the destination. By doing this, I have plenty of time to scout out the location and venue. No worries on the wedding day, because we will be ready to go!
- NO LIMITS: By hiring a destination photographer, you aren’t limited to photographers in the city or country you decide to say “I do” at.
- EXPERIENCE: I’ve traveled for many weddings before, and have no concern for the pressure that comes with it.
- PASSION: I’m fully invested in you and your special day! For both local and destination weddings, I take pride in capturing your day in a way that you’ll never forget it.
- PERSONAL SUCCESS: Speaking from experience, I hired a destination wedding photographer and am so thankful I did. By flying in a photographer I knew and trusted, I had so much peace on my wedding day. I knew who was going to be capturing it and had so much faith them to do an incredible job!
We hired a destination photographer because we knew we were comfortable with them, loved their style, and trusted their vision. I 100% valued the fact that I knew I could trust them to do amazing work while making us feel comfortable and working with us.-Shelby
If you’re ready to talk about your destination wedding, so am I! Feel free to reach out to see how we can work together. Wonderstruck Media Co. is ready to make sure you always remember your special day by capturing it in a way that matches your vision and dreams!